How long have you been in business?
Amber by Mazukna - UAB "Gritpedziai ir Ko" was established in 1993 by two brothers Aleksas and Zenonas Mazukna.
Where are you located?
Lithuania, Kaunas, Chemijos str. 29G
How do I tell real amber nuggets from fake ones?
There are several tests you can perform to find out if the amber is true. Try several tests to determine whether your piece is real or not.
- 1. Put some drops of alcohol on the surface of the stone and wait till it evaporates. If the surface doesn't become sticky and alcohol evaporates easily without leaving any spots on it, then you can be sure, the amber is real. If the surface sticks to your fingers and you see your fingerprints left on it, then this amber is definitely fake
- 2. The next test must be done very carefully, because there is a chance you can spoil the amber. Take a pin or a needle and carefully scratch the stone. If the amber is real it will be scratched, if not it will remain undamaged.
- 3. Place your "amber" specimen under a short-wave ultraviolet light. If the specimen fluoresces a pale blue under the light, it may be amber. If it doesn't glow at all, or glows a color other than pale blue, it is not amber. Copal doesn't fluoresce.
- 4. The following test is rather difficult and needs the right sense of smell. Heat, then slightly cool down a tip of a needle and press it against the stone. It will produce a puff of smoke, the smell of which will help to estimate the validity of the amber. The real amber smells like smudge, the fake one, on the contrary, has a sweet and pleasant smell.
- 4. Amber holds a charge of static electricity and was actually used to remove lint in earlier times. To see if your "amber" is static, place some small pieces of tissue on a flat surface. Rub the amber vigorously on the carpet or with a piece of velvet until it is warm and hold it closely above the tissue pieces. If the pieces of tissue are not attracted to the specimen, it is not amber. If tissue is attracted to the specimen, it may be amber.
What methods of payment do you accept?
We accept bank transfer, PayPal payment For other payment methods please contact us.
Do you ship internationally?
Yes. We ship worldwide.
How much does shipping cost?
Shipping worldwide depends upon your location:European Union Countries: 3.20 €American continent: 6.50 €Asian continent: 7.50 €Other countries: 7.50 €
For larger orders, we may use express couriers like UPS, TNT or FedEx if you want.
How long will it take to receive my order?
Shipments to any European countries takes 2-9 days. U.S. takes 10-18 days to reach their final destination.
How do I return or exchange products?
Once we receive and process your returned items depending on your location, you should receive your exchange or refund within 1-3 weeks.